The Beginning Of
CV. Kopi Prabu
Six years ago, we started to brew coffee on a small scale and asked our neighbors and relatives, especially coffee lovers, to taste our coffee blends. Their response was very positive and they even ordered coffee blends to be marketed to several regions. In June 2018 we officially established a company with the name of CV. Kopi Prabu. Then, we start to produce a variety of coffee products such as Roasted Coffee Beans, Ground Coffee, and Coffee Sachets mixed with Natural Palm Sugar. The goal is to inspire coffee enthusiasts that a healthy coffee should be served in your home and at the same time, it brings happiness to our customers.
Therefore, it become our motto. Through our motto, we avoid the use of additives and preservatives. We only use roasted Arabica and Robusta beans.
We are very proud of our company, since the beginning, we have helped farmers improve their livelihoods by encouraging them to increase production.
In addition, we provide knowledge to farmers to conserve nature and not cut down trees in the forest to expand coffee fields. Forests are home to about 80 percent of the remaining terrestrial biodiversity. Forests also regulate the water cycle, maintain soil quality, and reduce the risk of natural disasters such as floods.
CV. Kopi Prabu has various types of coffee products and processed by professionals from selected coffee beans. It grown in the area of Mount Kerinci, West Sumatra and Kepahiang, Bengkulu, Sumatra Island of Indonesia. We always serve the best coffee possible. It is our mission for our brand to be grown to the highest standard of coffee quality. Our professional roasters bring out the balance and rich flavor to satisfy our consumers.
Some of our products already mixed with Natural Palm Sugar. Our natural palm sugar is from West Java, Indonesia. We only choose the best palm sugar to balance with our high quality coffee.
Basic materials and composition
1. Arabica Coffee Beans from the mountainous area of Kerinci, West Sumatra
Altitude and latitude both affect the optimal or nearly optimal edaphocratic climate cultivation conditions and must be considered along with temperature, rainfall and water supply, soil, slope and aspects when determining where to grow coffee. Arabica coffee requires an altitude between 1,200 and 2,200 m above sea level (asl) at the equator, but the optimal altitude can be lower at higher latitudes. Our plantation area has a height of more than 3000 meter.
With an altitude above 3000 m asl our arabica coffee will have a taste and aroma that is almost similar to the Bengkulu robusta. In terms of soil texture in mountainous areas, the sour taste is very high. The higher the plantation area, the higher the sour taste.
Some of the aromas of our Arabica beans that appear when roasting are Mandarin hint, spicy, tea rose, palm sugar, mango and the flavors that appear are Mandarin hint, spicy, black tea, and chocolate.
2. Robusta coffee beans from plantations in Kepahiang, Bengkulu, Sumatra Island
Robusta coffee beans are generally smaller and rounder than Arabica coffee beans. The root system of the robusta plant is quite shallow, but strong, which can reach 10 meters in height. The robusta coffee tree is able to grow at higher temperatures of up to 29 ° C. The Coffea Robusta plant can withstand harsher growing conditions and produce higher yields.
Our Robusta Coffee Plantation in the Kepahiang region covers an area of 24,017 hectares with an altitude of 1,400 m asl. Kepahiang robusta coffee produces a taste and aroma in the form of nuts, spices, and sweet and sour. Geographical location, taste and aroma produced by robusta kepahiang coffee beans make it our superior product in the field of export to overseas. Apart from the fact that the number of coffee beans produced is greater with good quality.
Our factory consists of sorting machines and drying machines, which makes it easy for the company to sort and dry the coffee beans. Some of the aromas of our robusta beans that appear when roasting are cashew nuts, sweet corn, lemon and the flavors that appear are chocolate, pop corn, and spicy.
3. Palm Sugar from West Java
Palm sugar is a sweetener made from bunches of sap from the male enau tree flowers. The powdered version of palm sugar is often referred to as "ant sugar" or crystal sugar. It is called sugar ant because it looks like an ant house nesting in the ground. In every 100 grams of palm sugar contains calcium (90mg), iron (4mg), vitamins (A, B 12, C and E), mineral salts, carotene, and crude protein. Palm sugar is the healthiest sugar among other types of sugar.
In addition, in terms of nutrition, palm sugar is superior to white sugar in glycemic value. The glycemic value for palm sugar ranges from 35 from a score range of 1-100, while the glycemic value for white sugar is around 100 from a score range 1-100, the higher the glycemic content contained in a food, the faster the glycemic content. Carbohydrates in food are processed into glucose, so that human blood sugar rises or jumps faster.
From this level of comparison, we chose palm sugar as a sweetener in coffee production, besides it tastes good, it is also high in nutrients.
Benefits of Coffee and Natural Palm Sugar:
Benefits of coffee for health
- Coffee can help protect against diabetic type 2
- Several studies have shown that caffeine can increase the metabolic rate by 3-11%. Other studies have shown that caffeine can specifically increase fat burning.
- The fact is that coffee is very high in antioxidants. Even more than the total combined antioxidants of vegetables with fruits. This can prevent heart disease, increase the body's immune system, protect the nervous system and even nourish the eyes.
The benefits of drinking coffee for beauty
- Antioxidants in coffee can fight premature aging of the skin due to heat, light, pollution, and damaging free radicals. Coffee's antioxidant power, flavonoids, are released when brewed.
- In fact, research shows that women who drink three cups of coffee every day have 21% less chance of developing skin cancer. For men, the risk reduction is 10 percent.
Benefits of palm sugar for health
- Palm sugar has a high carbohydrate content. So that it can increase the source of energy in the body.
- Palm sugar does not dissolve easily in the body like white sugar (due to a mixture of chemicals). So that it does not cause a rapid increase in sugar levels in the body, it is much safer to consume for diabetics.
- Prevent anemia and improve blood circulation, because it contains high enough iron
Benefits of palm sugar for beauty
- According to research, the release of substances from palm sugar can remove dead skin cells so that the face can come back fresh and healthy.
- Just like coffee, palm sugar also contains antioxidants, to ward off free radicals.